1. CM Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chauhan has launched the ‘Learn and Earn scheme’ identifying 703 work areas. The beneficiaries will receive Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10000 as an allowance in addition to acquiring skill training.
2. Australia won their first-ever World Test Championship 2023 while India finished runners-up.
3. Severe cyclonic storm ‘Biparjoy’ is expected to hit Saurashtra and Kachchh in the second week of June.
4. The severe cyclone raised in the Arabian Sea was named ‘Biparjoy’ by Bangladesh.
5. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ( IRDAI) approves ‘Go Digit-Life Insurance India Limited’ backed by a Canada-based company for life insurance business in India.
6. Indian Railway used the AI-based tracking tool ‘Sanchar Saathi’ and SIM Card to identify the bodies of the victims in Odisha’s Balasore triple train crash where hundreds of people died.
7. ‘Contentful Connectivity Program’
launched with the collaboration of Microsoft and Air Jaldi Network aims to improve internet connectivity in rural regions of India.
8. N Ramaswamy, General Manager, General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re) has been selected as the next Chairman and MD (CMD) of the company by the Financial Services Institution Bureau (FSIB).
9. M Rajeswari Singh, General Manager & Director (GMD), United India Insurance, has been chosen as the CMD of the National Insurance Company (NIC).
10. An elevated Gurugram Metro Project connecting Cyber City with Huda City Centre with a spur to Dwarka Expressway has received approval from the Union Cabinet which is expected to be completed in the next four years.
11. Union Minister of Steel and Civil Aviation, Jyotiraditya M. Scindia has announced recently that India is now the second largest producer of crude steel. Earlier it was in 4th rank.
12. V. Anantharaman, a banker has been appointed as the non-executive Chairman of the credit bureau TransUnion CIBIL.
13. The Geological Survey of India (GSI) has named Janardan Prasad as its new director general. As the 174-year-old institution’s new Director General, Prasad replaces Dr. S. Raju, who has held the position since 2020.
14. The Grand Order of the Chain of the Yellow Star, the nation of Suriname’s highest civilian award, was given to President Draupadi Murmu, the country’s first Indian recipient.
15. Novak Djokovikis the winner of the 3rd French Open Tennis Championship and he also clinched the record 23rd Men’s Grand SlamSinglestitles.